About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Friday, May 2, 2014

Window issue STILL NOT resolved

I posted back on March 20 that the mystery of the cloudy windows had been solved but not yet resolved. Unhappily, I report that from my perspective we seem to be no closer to a resolution. It seems that Airlite cannot quite believe that one of their employees made 2 errors (installing a special glazing despite the work order stating it was to be standard clear glass AND installing it on the wrong side). I have had 3 people from Airlite out to check on the issue and assess the windows and now it seems they want to send out yet another to write a report. NO WAY! Enough of the round table discussions and buck passing, I want this fixed now. Six months of living with damaged windows is more than enough. And I don't want to wait around at home for tradespeople anymore than I already do.
Airlite need to replace the damaged windows (all parties agree) and flip the remaining undamaged but incorrectly glazed on the outside windows (all parties agree). I have requested that the new replacement windows be glazed to be like the other windows in the house (Airlite apparently are not agreeing to this as yet) Surely as a goodwill gesture and as compensation, this would not be an issue. I have been told that they wish for these windows to be as per my contract - standard clear glass. The only other option I will accept from Airlite is for them to replace every single window in this very large house with standard clear glass as per my contract with Eden Brae. I can assure you this is not on their list of preferred options at all.

A reminder of what some of my windows look like.....



2 comments:

  1. Interestingly, I just found these core values on Airlite's website:-

    We exceed customer expectations -

    Committed to satisfying internal and external customer needs
    Understanding customer requirements
    Working with our customers for mutual benefit
    Judging our actions by their impact on our customers

    Hmmmmmm, I beg to differ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An obligation of appreciation is all together for giving such supportive information. I am especially fascinated with your article the End of lease cleaning Mosman | End of lease cleaning Waterloo | End of lease cleaning Pyrmont | End of lease cleaning Southern suburbs and I am happy that I am connected with your site.thanks! Regards

    ReplyDelete