About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Sunday, August 10, 2014

My weekend in the garage!

For the past 9 months, I have been staring at the piles of stuff in the garage as I drive in and out 100 times a day (almost). As you can see in one of the BEFORE photos, there is a leaning tower. It was only a matter of time before it collapsed on a child or on the car. This weekend was the time to do it as the schedule was fairly clear once I got home from my daughter's netball match.

I started by clearing everything out & cleaning the ground as much as possible though I think it needs a good guerney. I drove off to Bunnings and purchased the QiqFix range of garage shelving. It proved a little difficult to get it off the shelf and into the car by myself but some helpless looks saw burly men come running! About 3 hours later the shelves were all together. There weren't too many arguments! Everything was then neatly arranged back inside the garage.

Back to Bunnings today for someplastic containers that actually would fit on the shelves and I think another trip is warranted tomorrow for some more!!

SO GLAD IT IS DONE!

BEFORE Northern side

AFTER Northern side
BEFORE Southern side

AFTER Southern side

No comments:

Post a Comment