About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Brick selection

I managed to convince the children that they needed to help me pick the bricks for our new house this afternoon (a McDonald's lunch helped the cause). I had an idea of colour (brown) and that I didn't want to pay for upgrading bricks. This made my selection very easy as of course the standard range has very few choices. At this stage, our choice is 'Chocolatto'. Next decision is roof, gutter, fascia & window colour.


Any thoughts? Monument (dark grey) or Loft (maroony brown)?

6 comments:

  1. It's weird. Maybe it is he iPhone photo colour but it wasn't as clear cut at PGH bricks. I definitely like the monument better in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Monument and that is our chosen colour for our roof to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..Glad to see u decided on newport..:) we r building the same design (samller - 38) in Hornsby.. we hope they start building soon. Love the colour selection... we were thinking of chocolato with Monument - horizon roof tiles, but decided on Loam as the brick .... still keeping with brown colour scheme.. only thing with chocolato is its painted to the brick..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh excited to see another Newport! Apparently not their most popular design. Has yours gone to council yet? We live very close to you in Hornsby Council.
    Are you on HomeOne? Come into the EBH thread as I am very keen to keep an eye on your build and your SS - I am sure we will have the same one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. we wanted newport however ended up with half entertainer and half something else... There was a big issue where they made a huge mistake by not doing a required survey and they had to comeup with a another design for the back part of the house( Took them 6 months to realise that the setbacks were incorrect).. Make sure you check on all the setbacks. If you need to know anything else let us know more than happy to share our exp..:)..

    ReplyDelete