About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

GUEST POST from re-do my space


Hello EB followers this is AJ from re-do my space!!
Today I'm going to update you with what's been going on with the decorating side of things for the house.
The time has finally come to start putting together the right mix of furniture and accessories, so it's all very exciting. Before I do, let me take you
back a little to how we got to where we are today.

The lovely Kerith had asked some time before demolition if I'd help put together the finishes and furnishings for their new home. I was more than happy to offer
my assistance to help bring their home to life. When I start with a client I need to get an idea of what they like. Favourite colours, looks, textures etc.
I have always believed a home needs to hold with the things that THEY love and treasure and be a place the whole family can relax and enjoy.
Of course I guided Kerith and gave her choices but at the end of the day it needs to suit their style as whole family.
I usually love working with what people already own but in Kerith's case she has had her exisiting furniture for so long that she wants a fresh start in their new place.
Some items have great potential so we are going to revamp them and mix them in with the new.

I remember our first meeting when we picked all the finishes was hilarious!!! It all started with the toilet ………….
When we saw that toilet we looked at each other, chuckled, popped a Mintie in our mouths and said to each other "this is going to be a looonnnng day".
Some things I wasn't prepared to back down on and neither was Kerith. So we tried to meet in the middle most times and we knew that with every change meant
more $$$ so we compromised.

This is the first picture that Kerith gave me. She liked the tones and the colours and this is where I started from.


This is where we are heading


My aim is to give the house a lighter feel whilst still incorporating Kerith's love of darker finishes.  I'm bringing in some
Turquoise blue that Kerith also liked so we create a lovely flow inside and out. It will be a work in progress and a finished home takes time.
A well thought out home cannot be rushed so I recommend doing it in stages. Let one piece at a time compliment the other and it will all melt together.

Actually after talking about having a lovely flow I better go as I need to follow up with Kerith what colour the pool is??

Thanks for taking the time to read today and if you have any questions please fire away. See you soon with some more updates.

AJ

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment