About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Friday, August 16, 2013

Hmmm....more wardrobes

But first I'll give you a photo of the house from this week, taken with my phone....



Yesterday I received a Building Contract Variation from my CSA for the amendments to be made as already discussed with Alan from HOG. I had already viewed it on my phone earlier in the day and printed it off when I got home ready to sign, scan and email back. As I signed it, I noticed a line in the NOTES section "10 calendar days will be added to your construction time due to these variations....". No way! An error on their behalf and I am penalised 2 weeks for it?? It wasn't going to happen. I might even offer to accept settlement with the wardrobes unfinished if I needed to meet in the middle but there was little chance of 2 weeks being slapped on the contract for giving wardrobes some extra height.
The lovely Bev rang me today, and amongst chatting about everything else under the sun, she took responsibility for the note on the BCV and apologised. She was asked how long it would take to fix it up, said about 2 weeks but didn't expect it to be added to the contract time by the other staff member. Bev said she should have been a little clearer in her answer. All forgiven here ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment