About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Problematic wardrobes it seems


This morning I finally heard from Giovis the rep from Wardrobe World. I have put in phone calls and many emails as I wish to discuss adding in some more drawers to each wardrobe - 2 is not enough for our needs. Well, unbeknownst to us, there has been a lot of discussion behind the scenes over the last month as this wardrobe design does not fit in our 3 reach-in wardrobes. Not sure how this happened as this is the only design we were offered AND our wardrobes are standard apart from the sliding doors. It seems no-one is accepting responsibility, no-one has informed us and it has been left to the installer to work out an acceptable solution with us the client. Not sure how this won't fit into the wardrobes but I will find out when I meet him on site on Monday at 11am to discuss our options.

How is it that I have not been contacted about this until a month later and not by Eden brae????

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerith,
    I spent some time investigating wardrobes.
    I particularly wanted sliding robes. Initially we were provided with 'quick slide' robes, however I soon discovered the robe height was 2040, with a ceiling height of 2400 I wanted to maximise the storage space and ability accessing the top shelf. EB then provided a PCV for Hiro wardrobes, which resulted in visiting Stegbar. Speaking to consultants about fitouts it soon became clear that a wardrobe depth of 600-650mm was required to enable draws internally. I've since done the measurements, the draws are approximately 400mm deep and if you add a handle on that it'll be 420mm. Thus the standard wardrobe depth of 550mm is not practical. I've requested a depth of 600mm in two of our bedrooms, unfortunately one bedroom recesses into the bathroom and I've had to leave this standard.

    It's a shame as my initial question with the sales consultant was 'what is the internal wardrobe depth?' I was advised 600mm, however not in writing.

    I'll be watching your blog with interest with your outcome. Hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete