About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

The good, the bad and the downright ugly!

I promised that this blog would show all sides of the build to assist others in their journey to build a house. Well, whilst I was expecting there to be issues that arise from the independent inspections especially painting, I didn't think there would this MANY. They do seem relatively minor to my untrained eye and not structural. I think PCI is further away than what I thought it would be :-( HnK Ryan's report came through last night and left me feeling fairly deflated or even more deflated than my headcold and house selling is already. I haven't posted all 25 pages of the report but a sample of the photos documenting the issues. 









Brad & I have decided to reengage the services of our independent inspector to return & make sure issues have been fixed satisfactorily - peace of mind for me. (And this is by no means a reflection on our SS, Troy. It is the trades that EBH get to subcontract that are not showing pride of workmanship)

4 comments:

  1. It's good that HnK picked up all the issues. Hopefully EBH won't take too long to fix them. Makes me wonder if Tyrrells picked up the same or if they look as hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerith!

    Thanks for sharing your journey! Your home looks lovely!

    We are building the Waldorf with EBH and getting very close to the finish line! We have had a completely hassle-free build thanks to our extremely efficient Site Supervisor! I was wondering, in your opinion, is it essential to get an independent inspector to come and check everything is done properly? If so, when do they come in? Were you happy with the company you engaged?
    Thanks heaps in advance, for any advice or suggestions you can offer!
    Have a lovely day!
    Petrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH yes, the lovely Waldorf! I loved aspects of that design especially the wine cellar/storage room off the laundry. I wasn't a fan of all the bathrooms though because I know who was going to be cleaning them LOL
    No not essential at all but for us, it was worth it. We felt it was a small investment into the biggest investment of all for us. HKRyan was great and works with Eden Brae all the time. He identified things that Tyrells didn't and vice versa. Another set of professional eyes is always worth in in my eyes.
    Good luck with the final stages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks heaps Kerith! I totally agree with you about this being a tiny investment into the biggest investment of our lives thus far. I will call HnK Ryan and organise. Have a lovely day!
    Petrina

    ReplyDelete