About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Maintenance - where are we up to?

Travelling along pretty well at the moment, I'd say. A month after our inspection, we are now just waiting for DiLorenzo to replace a chipped ensuite tile as we didn't have any spares on site and to have all our windows fixed.

This ended up being a little confusing for all parties. ComfortPlus glazing on our windows and stacker doors was part of our package with Eden Brae  - energy efficiency. When the Airlite representative came out a few weeks ago, he indicated that it had been installed incorrectly on all windows bar one. A glazier had put it on the wrong side of the glass. This would be fixed with the damaged ones replaced. Imagine my surprise when I received an email asking if I had installed any film on my windows. Ahhhh NO! A meeting was then called between all relevant parties at our house to try and find out what the issue was and who had made mistakes. Well, it was confirmed that the ComfortPlus was on the wrong side. The confusing thing was that all the paperwork from Airlite indicated that we didn't have any glazing on our windows at all. Yet another mistake from them! Heads were shaking. It will take a day or 2 for them to fix the mistakes made.

Special mention must go to Genneral Stairs. They made a surprise visit on Saturday afternoon to replace the glass balustrade panel that had sticker/suction marks on it (not removable). The lovely company rep then went back out to the truck and brought in a larger panel to replace another one that was scratched (general wear & tear already). He had remembered its condition when he left the factory that morning and loaded an extra panel for what he called a nice customer. It's the little things like that that make a customer happy. I think I declared my undying love & affection for him there and then ;-)

MJH Contracting have done a great job of co-ordinating trades to be on-site. I am fortunate that I don't have to be out of the home for my work but to be honest, I would find it a little frustrating if days of annual leave needed to be taken for all the days when I needed to be at home.

1 comment:

  1. I am very delighted in for this blog. Its a useful article the End of lease cleaning Balmain. It help me particularly to take care of certain issues. Its chance are so phenomenal and working style so speedy.Thanks.Regards,

    ReplyDelete