About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

A week makes a difference

Whilst we have been away for a week, the landscapers returned to work and have been busy. We have a new back boundary fence (which we gifted to the neighbours), we have some travertine paving, we have rendered retaining walls and we even have our pool coping in place. There is a back story to that one.....
I sent an SMS to Concept Pool supervisor as a reminder to book in the next stage for mid January when they supposedly returned to work. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a reply back to say that they were expected on site the very next day! Shortly after I received an SMS asking me if the waterline tiles were on site ready to be laid???? Ummmm, NO! I wasn't under the impression that I needed to source them though I did know that they and many other items were not in the contract price eg. coping pavers, pool equipment, solar heating. PANIC! I was away on holidays and didn't really cherish the idea of coming back to Sydney to source tiles. No idea what I needed or where to get them at short notice. I was called back and told 'not to worry' - the coping could still be done and that it would not hold up the construction. I would need to go into the office next week and select a tile which then could be ordered for me. Crisis averted but where on earth is the management process for this company?? All it would have taken is a courtesy email or phone call to ask me to select my tiles. Even if it was all clearly explained to me (which it wasn't), it was 18 months ago that we signed up with the company and so much has happened since then.







No comments:

Post a Comment