About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Stormy waters

Today was not a good day in EBH land! We received the PCV for the hydraulic system as per the design put together by the external engineer. EBH allowed $8K for this in their professional opionon at our tender presentation. Well, it has come in at $15.5K. How can they get it so wrong? Not happy at all. An email has been sent with a few questions.

3 comments:

  1. that doesnt sound good.. they did that to us to.. do you require hydraulic system due to the nature of the block or becasue going through cdc? hope they find a way to reduce that for u.. best of luck..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kerith.. I remember you!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LN - I think it is the nature of the block. Gentle slope to the rear and no easement/drainage method! I just feel quite cheated that they 'estimated' $8K before I signed the contract....AND THEN IT DOUBLED!

    Lou - How are you buddy? Long time, no speak! You well? 'Bean' well?

    ReplyDelete