About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Introduction phone call made

Today I received my call from Troy - sounds great. Based on the expected good weather, there should be action at the site from Monday with excavation. Concrete trucks are scheduled for later on that week.

Again, I was reminded about not entering the site unsupervised. The letter I received yesterday from Troy outlined the procedures for inspecting. Luckily, I am a girl that abides by rules and does not like to break them! I reckon if I posted photos on here from inside the house, it would be fairly obvious that I was doing the wrong thing (and I know Eden Brae read this blog)!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kerith,
    Stumbled upon your blog via the Home One forum and I've read your progress with much interest! Your plans for the house look amazing...can't wait to see the finished product. I'll be following your blog closely. Good luck!
    We're in the very early stages of the home building journey having spent a few weekends at HomeWorld deciding on the builder/design. So far on top of our list are Metricon, Eden Brae, Clarendon and Rawson. I've been busy reading the forum posts and reviews on each of the builders and I'm interested to know if you considered any of the others and why had you decided to go with EB? Thanks in advance :)

    Cheers,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sheila! Thanks for your interest and Yes, it will be very exciting as the year progresses.
      The million dollar question....who??! I lost sleep over it as it is a decision that could have major ramifications. I read the reviews which can be very depressing. Productreview.com.au is like any user review site - people either love it or hate it but not so much in the middle. I was horrified at some of the outcomes especially for the top home builder in NSW - EBH. I liken the site to eatability or tripadvisor - I leave even more confused.
      HomeOne was great to trawl through - real people, real time looking at their experiences.
      Metricon - we crossed off very early as we went for new Metricon at an auction. The buiding inspection gave a very long list of faults. Merticon are also very new to NSW so thought they may be harder to deal with.
      Rawson - lovely homes & designs, prices & upgrades seemed a little too pricey.
      Clarendon - Ended up tossing up between C & EBH but after my 3rd visit to C and not one person came to try & talk to me, I gave up on them!!
      EBH - So glad we decided to go with them. No major issues yet.
      Have low expectations - it will be a journey with bumps.

      I knew what I wanted from a house too and EBH had a design that could be easily adapted and they were willing to do it. I wanted 2 studys (adults & kids), a WIL, a WIP, an rumpus that was an extension of the outdoors, a kitchen with an island bench, a large laundry, a 3way bathroom and a bath in the ensuite. Not much, eh??! These things were not negotiable for me. Maybe that is a place to start for you - work out your not negotiables and see which builder can accommodate that.

      All the best

      Delete