About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Site cut & scrape

I drove by this morning after dropping the children off to school and found I couldn't get far. I was held up by several BIG trucks trying to get on site. Tears welled up & I got the shivers. Eden Brae are on site after 18 months of our planning!

From near the letterbox
 This came from the front of the property - a small stump in the ground that Brad & I couldn't yank out. Now I see why!
 View towards the front - didn't expect that retaining wall.
 
 There is a significant drop down to the grass - not obvious in the photo
 More obvious here as we can't see the grassed area.


Whilst I was there, I found an overdue water bill that had been sitting in the letterbox for a while. Upon ringing Sydney Water, it is because we haven't given them a final reading. I am not so sure where the meter is or even if it is still there. If there isn't a meter anymore, we will have to pay huge amounts for having an unmetered property. I am truly hoping that it is not something that I have to followup with the demolition company. Please, NO! I really wish this sort of thing was properly explained to the client - you sort of find out through default. Sydney Water told me that I needed to call them as soon as the tenants moved out and then again just before demolition.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Kerith, I'm so happy for you!!! So sweet how you got all teary, I think I will be the same, must feel amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks muchly! It does feel amazing. I cannot imagine how good it must feel to actually move in or maybe we will be sooooo stressed with all the last minute things that we won't notice!

    Won't be long for you now......

    ReplyDelete
  3. How irritating about the water meter/ water bill. Know what you are saying about finding out things by default - your blog is a huge community service to those who are following in your footsteps. Pitfall they can then avoid! I am looking forward to driving by this morning...
    L x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because there was no water meter found and no reading given, they averaged the water usage out and our tenants used A LOT of water. There was no explanation of this on the bill. When the property manager said that they had the reading & Sydney Water was taken care of, I mentally went 'Great, done!' Obviously NOT.
    Not sure where the first bill got to. Our neighbour found a pile of letters on the corner of the 2 streets. They weren't there earlier in the morning so someone on the school run must have decided to take out of our letterbox & dump. Maybe a locked ox in the future??

    ReplyDelete