About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Thursday, July 11, 2013

A quick spontaneous inspection....

....but sorry, no photos! I made a visit to the house this afternoon to see if I could take photos from outside. The carpenters were still there and so was Troy. After a chat, Troy offered a quick run through the house before he had to leave to go elsewhere. Happy to!
It was great to see the gyprock on, cornices, some doors on, stairs installed etc. Gives a better idea of the size of rooms. Other things noted include
* The garage door is on but hidden out of view
* The laundry cupboards are amazing - LOVE!
* The lowered ceiling in the powder/mud area doesn't look too bad really
* I really don't like the airconditioning box in Bed 3 :-(
* The decorative corbel has been taken off and half of it replaced.
* The wardrobes for the children do not seem very deep at all (450mm)
* The manhole has had to be moved to Brad's WIR due to a roof truss being in the way.
* Bricks can be left for us to use for landscaping
* The noisebatts and soundcheck gyprock has been installed between BED 1 and BED 2.
Troy confirmed that all is still on track for work to progress as per the latest screenshot.



2 comments:

  1. How exciting! It's hard to wait patiently looking through the fence when all the work is happening on the inside. How lucky you got to got through!! I agree about the depth of the wardrobes. Even though I have more storage now... It's not deep! And as I consequence I feel that I have less. I know I don't but I have to be creative with storage. Not all my old storage units can be used in this house.

    In hindsight I would have made my ensuite smaller and expanded the WIR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, yes those wardrobes aren't very deep at all. We have lots of wire shelving from Ikea that won't fit. It means that our wardrobe fitout will need to be revised to include more than the standard 2 closed drawers. More money.....

    ReplyDelete