About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

An exciting screenshot

I love this one! It shows us what is going to occur in the next 2 weeks if everything goes according to EBH plans. Doors, stairs, waterproofing and even the start of the kitchen installation.

For those interested to know (Niall), I heard back from Troy about the frame inspection report from H&K Ryan. He emailed it back to me and had signed/dated each of the items fixed.

I had also asked Troy if anything could be done with the drainage issue on the north side of the house. The frame report from H&KRyan seemed to indicate that it could be an issue...

Surface Water Drainage: The retention of water from surface run off could have an effect on this dwellings foundation material which in turn could affect the slab to this house inspected.
Best practice is to monitor the flow of surface water and stormwater run off and have the water directed away from the house and then into storm water pipes by a qualified and licensed Plumber & Drainer.
Subject to this Builder’s contract specifications as to what is being allowed for by the way of surface water drainage, (Reference: AS: 2870 Appendix B, B2.3 (a) for site drainage requirements.) 

Troy seems to think that there is not an issue with the water...
"Re drainage, unfortunately we can't have any one go in to do any work as you know. Given the recent weather, there is some water sitting around. The house is on piers of uniform bearing, so the water won't affect the structure"

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Kerith, that is good news. Glad to hear they have addressed all the issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerith,

    Ive found this blog and its a great insight into the EBH process. We're building with EBH starting in December. I floated the idea of getting a non-EBH 3rd party inspection done, do you think its worth the price?
    Also did the EBH-inspectors pick up on the defects that your one did?

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Oliver,

    So glad I can be of assistance. For us, yes, it is totally worth it! Over 2 inspections, $1K is worth it for extra peace of mind. Howard Ryan is so well respected that any builder would be silly not to listen to him. I was always just a little suspicious of the independent inspectors that EBH use. I prefer to employ my own ;-)
    I did ask my SS for a copy of Tyrell's report so I could compare. He hasn't sent it through and to be honest, I have completely forgotten (too busy with corbel issues!)
    If you aren't already on HomeOne, come over and hang out with us there. You will learn LOTS from other EBH clients!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reply, i'll make sure we get HR for the inspections as every other EBH buildings I've seen have used that guys.

    What's the link for HomeOne details? The more I know the better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54159&start=6360

    This link is a VERY helpful one in planning a house....
    http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5823&start=620

    ReplyDelete