About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Things I love (and not so much) in the bathrooms


After living in the house for a week or so, I thought I would tell you what I think about the bathrooms. This will be particularly helpful for those building themselves.

I love the handheld shower heads. Brilliant for hair washing with young daughters and easy shower cleaning.

Hmmmm - we cannot have an open window and fully open slats. Design error.
Best thing ever! Nightlight near the toilet. Actually gives enough light for the whole landing upstairs.
The narrower design of the internal bowl means we are getting a lot more, um...skid marks!

I was going to add that the height of the shelves means that larger items cannot stand up (eg. hairspray, moisturiser) but I then discovered that the shelves are actually adjustable.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I was wondering if you got the standard shower head and rail?
    Thank you for the update. Appreciate your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not standard for either Renee, sorry to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's unfortunate. Your shower head/rail looks similar to my current shower head/rail and I like it... doesn't feel plastic, good settings, durable.
    Would you have the specs for the shower head/rail?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee, we are on the Prestige package which meant that we paid nothing extra for the Methven Futura Satinjet rail shower as pictured. In the ensuite, we have a Dorf Jovian Rail Shower with overhead CP and paid an extra $322.89 for it. HTH

    ReplyDelete