About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Brickwork started

I am leaving in 10minutes to catch a flight to Melbourne. Brad is down there already working today and will join him for drinks after work via Chapel Street. For those who know me, this is the highlight of my social calendar each year. Brad, as the client of another company, is well looked after. It will be nice to have a fun weekend together with some other fabulous people after the stresses of the last few months, in particular Brad's Dad passing away.

So there won't be any photos this afternoon but I can report that the brickwork has started and the site is being cleaned up somewhat. Looking forward to seeing what has been done today when I get home on Sunday. If anyone wants to send me a photo this afternoon, you are MORE THAN welcome!!

7 comments:

  1. Woohoo Kerith, that's exciting, bet you cant wait to see what your gorgeous brick looks like!!

    I have some news too, we got frames!! :-)

    Have a safe trip and hopefully on your return you'll have lots of lovely walls completed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kerith and Rose, it is good to see your blogs and follow your progress as we are also building with Eden Brae and it give us a good indication of what to expect from ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Niall.

    Keep your expectations low and they WILL be exceeded! My advice would be to respectful to EBH and they will be respectful back. If you have an issue, get it sorted out ASAP and don't be afraid to escalate nicely to Management.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kerith.

    We will do, hopefully they will get our little problem sorted soon so we can progress on to the next phase. Your house looks very good and progress is pretty fast. Will keep checking to see how it goes.

    Here is a link to ours:
    http://stjasper.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niall,
    Is there any way I can follow your blog? I can't find a gadget for it.
    Are you on H1 forum?
    Your block is exactly the same size as ours 20x50m. Which council are you in? Hornsby or Ku-ring-gai?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kerith, not sure as my wife set it up, we have a few gadgets re timeline etc. For some reason it can't be found when it is searched for. We are building in Ku-ring-gai so Council a bit strict on some issues, mainly trees !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ku-ring-gai are notoriously difficult to work with!Some high volume builders don't want to touch them LOL
    When I first started my blog, it couldn't be found - no problems now as it is such a high traffic blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete