About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Stacker door issue

Last week, the day before our stacker doors were instaled I received a message from a friend who has recently built with Eden Brae.
"Check how the bottom of the alfresco doors are sited...ours are not flush with the tiled family areas so you have to step over them onto the outside alfresco. We were never told about this and there's absolutely nothing they can do once fitted. Might be worth a chat with someone... We are now putting aside money to redo the doors (panoramic instead of existing stacker) with flushed finish"

I quickly sent off an email to Troy that night knowing that the doors would be installed the next day. Unfortunately the reply came back that night unfavourably.
"That would be correct. There is a track running across the base of the door. This track is the guide for the door panels and it will sit above the finished floor levels. At this stage it is too late to change this. The way they are designed means that there needs to be a substancial track to support the doors. The product is not specific to Eden Brae and you would find that a number of builders using the bifold doors in their homes will have the same thing. Thanks."

A little disappointed as I am already unhappy about having a 'step down' to the tiles. Now we have a step-over and then a step-down! Maybe we will need to put money aside too just like my friend.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kerith,
    There was a similar issue on The Block about the stacker door for Dan & Dani's House. Keith explained the reasoning for it and from memory it had something to do with water retention. I've already asked at Tender about having the stacker door flush with the house flooring. If you scroll down to the bottom of the following post it shows how the door frame sits as Displayed at Spring Farm.
    http://sheffield25.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/the-finer-details-of-display-homes.html

    It's a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Renee. I am sure I will get used to it in time once I am enjoying my new home ;-) I LOVE your blog. It is soooo detailed. You must sped so much time on it.
    Good luck with all your appointments and get a good night sleep beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there will be lots of exciting times ahead in your new home. Hopefully the stacker door won't be an issue.
    Thank you, I invest an hour or two in front of the TV a few nights per week.

    I'm gaining so much knowledge from each and every blog. You have lots of helpful suggestions for when we reach certain stages.

    I've been told colours is when the fun begins. I'll try to sleep well the night before.

    ReplyDelete