About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Thursday, May 30, 2013

More on blinds

Last week, Abbey Blinds recontacted us to see where we were at with the selection of our window coverings. I told the that we had sought other quotes and as Abbey's figure wasn't close to the other two, we had selected someone else. As we hadn't actioned that other quote, they asked if they could try to match it. Certainly was my answer especially as Abbey have the rights to enter the house for measure up and to install BEFORE handover. This has the advantage of not having to dress the windows with temporary coverings. Abbey came back with a figure within $800 of the other quote we were going to accept, saying that they could not go lower as their timber is a superior timber (poplar) to the other company's. Fair enough.
Unfortunately I did read on my building forum today that one Eden Brae customer has experienced issues with Abbey installing the incorrect blinds and doing it after settlement on the house. I have sent back an email asking for an explanation and asking what measures will be taken to ensure that this does not happen in our experience with Abbey ;-)
I am still trying to work out what sort of coverings will go on our 2 stacker doors. Leaning towards sunscreen roller blinds
Example of roller blinds for the stackers

Plantation shutters throughout the remainder of the house

5 comments:

  1. It was frustrating my blinds were not in at handover, but I did have window coverings two days after which is the day we had the removalist booked.

    Even though we have had a mixup... It's still better than waiting the six weeks or so for another company to measure and fit after handover.

    Despite the headache of still liasing with Abbey to resolve the blind mix up... We have had privacy and 90% of our rooms are the way I intended. Very happy with the quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kerith and Van Moz for your input and updates. I'm still waiting on Abbey Blinds to provide our quote for the house, almost 4 weeks since our appointment with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't hold your breath waiting, Renee as I know some have never received theirs!
    Van Moz - I am waiting for a response from Abbey about your situation LOL. Will see what they say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are looking for the perfect addition to your window. Try our beautiful awnings. Sydney knows no better! Experts in the field.get update here

    ReplyDelete