About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sad news

You will notice that the picture above has returned to the original one with facebrick above the portico. I have just received a phone call from my CS Manager, Bev, who was the bearer of bad news. The bricks used cannot take the render according to the brick manufacturer, PGH. I suppose we could try to go ahead with it but to be dealing to render falling off constantly - no, thanks! I'll keep it as it was and pocket the $2.5K for something else. Disappointed in the outcome. To those thinking about building, I reiterate....check your plans carefully to save future headaches/heartaches.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Kerith, needless to say I think that your facade is still going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I've moved on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I have chosen chocolatto for my brick too. Is it that brick that cannot be rendered ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great brick! We get so many comments. Not sure if it can't be rendered but I know they used a cheaper brick to render the small bit of our facade that needed render.

    ReplyDelete