About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

A very quiet week

All has been quiet on our Eden Brae house - no sign of action mostly due to the rain, I think. I did receive  phone call from the electrical company to inform us of an issue with our job. Our plans have recorded that we requested 2 external downlights in the eaves outside the study window. Um, we don't have any eaves there. Doh! We need to come up with some alternate or get credit for the downlights. I am waiting to hear back from them as to whether we can put on updown light there and one on the outer garage wall to balance it out.

I did say at the end of last week that there were some issues that I needed to get sorted with Troy from my time on site.
1) Our contract states that the shower niches are 270mm in height. I confirmed with Troy earlier in the year that the measurement was indeed the finished height. When I measured them on site, the timber framing is 270mm so by the time they put gyprock & tiling etc up, it will be significantly less. Troy said that he hadn't overlooked this and that it would be rectified.
2) One of our PCVs was to add extra noggins to every wall of the house(easier that specifying exactly which walls) We have some sports memorabilia to hang and want some large mirrors etc. There appeared to be no extra noggins at all. Troy will fix this.
3) I wasn't sure which way the front door would open and indeed which one would open. I wanted to check this before it was manufactured offsite. Tory was looking into this for me.

I am hoping that next week sees a flurry of activity at the EBH house and maybe even our current home sold ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment