About Me

My photo
EDIT - Now a 'work at the local school' mum a few days a week while juggling the job of parenting 3 teenagers! I am a SAHM who does work from home occasionally, dedicated to raising 3 Godly, independent, healthy children. Loving the home building process though it is not without challenges. I have fairly free reign over the creative aspect of the project...just not the financial side!

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Security issues on site

Yesterday afternoon, when I went to take photos, the gate was locked but the way the tradies used the padlock and chain meant that the gate was actually wide open. All someone needed to do was to walk underneath or step over the heavy chain. I pulled the gate to meet up with the other one the best I could to make it a little less obvious.
Early this morning, I drove past in the vague hope that there was work happening today. I found another section of fencing wide open. Using my gym-honed muscles, I heaved it back into the blue block it sits in but noticed that the vandals had cut the wires too to gain access. From my vantage point on the footpath, there didn't seem to be damage.
I let Troy know via SMS and received one back 10mins later that he was there on site. As I had an hour to get beautified for a wedding, I didn't rush back over but I have sent him an email to ask what the state of affairs was.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kerith :( that is so sad!!! I hope there is nothing to report on!!

    We have seen our lot's coded lock not put on once or twice and there are several brackets that seem to be missing from the fence boundaries in places. It is actually quite easy for people to get on our site but we haven't seen any damage yet (in the estate we're building in our neighbour usually has people on site every day of the week so that probably helps with security).

    Ps. I did get a lol from the auto-correct of 'tradies' to 'toadies' in your post. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Ruby - thanks for the tipoff. I have changed it out of respect for the hardwork they do.
    Yes, we have issues apparently with the tenants renting 2 doors down. The police keep an eye on them. Lots of weeds growing in the garden ;-) they are moving on in the next month or so. It will be interesting to see if the incidents surrounding our property disappear!

    ReplyDelete